Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"Don't waste my time."

Film: In Time

Starring: Justin Timberlake, Cillian Murphy, and Amanda Seyfried

Synopsis: In a future where people stop aging at 25, but are engineered to live only one more year, having the means to buy your way out of the situation is a shot at immortal youth. One man, with the help of a lady friend, work to disrupt the system.


To be completely honest, I saw this movie for JT. It was the first film that he has been in that I thought he had a decent role to play. I was surprised to really enjoy every moment of the film. It presented a lot of interesting ideas to consider that I'll leave you to make your own interpretations when you watch it. What I want to focus on is more of the visual aspects of the film, other than JT, of course. First, the set design was fantastic. It was heavily industrial and left me aching for a more urban life, or more cement in my home. Next, the wardrobe was pretty stellar. Mod tailored suits anyone? I swoon. The dresses could have used a few more inches, but if I had Amanda Seyfried's legs and was able to walk in 6" heels, my opinion may be different. Finally, there were some deliciously composed scenes. I have tried over and over again to put what I mean in words, but it just isn't working. You just had to be there. Go see the film. Drink it in visually. I'll be dreaming of concrete bridges, skinny ties, and picture composition.

1 comment:

Jessica Ellertson said...

I also saw the movie for JT, but found myself intrigued by the social commentary the movie presented. I am still mulling over it to be honest.