Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 17



Today is about take an article of clothing from repair pile to wear pile. This skirt has been needing help from the time I purchased it over a year ago. I've worn it, but the blasted rick-rack on the bottom just stuck out to me like sore thumb.



 

It was because of the rick-rack that I overlooked it for my outfit on Day 14. My outfit today is so much more like a Kristine outfit than Day 14's outfit could ever dream about. But I digress. Last night I bought a seam ripper and this morning I started ripping. It took FOR-EEE-VER to pick. Once I got the pink rick-rack off, I realized it doubled as the hem. Well, my sewing machine is sitting in my parents' basement and the fabric is holding the hemmed shape, so I'm the leaving unfinished hem for another day. I made the repair I had set out to do and I'm satisfied with that.

shirt: h&m, skirt: thrifted, shoes: urban outfitters

P.S. I may or may not need a pair of TOMS to stand in for my pink shoes. I'm a little embarrassed by how much I've been wearing them lately.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been wanting some TOMS for ages now but can never decide on a color. I have shoe commitment issues.

Cute skirt, by the way.

rebekah said...

I really like your skirt. I used to swear that I would never wear TOMS. I also swore I would never wear ballet flats and they are pretty much the only thing that I wear now. Go for them!