Tuesday, January 24, 2012

So I Saw This Thing Coming Out of the Sky...

Another day, another prompt. Today was a monochromatic day in a hazy shade of purple.


I drew inspiration from Purple from the Purple People Eater movie circa 1988. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it for a quality movie night. Let me break it down for you: Little Neil Patrick Harris (pre-Doogie Howser) teams up with a magical musical alien to play in a rock n roll band and help elderly people. It is tender and inspirational. And fashion forward.

This is Purple:

This is me:
cardigan: thrifted, shirt (actually a dress): thrifted, skirt: downeast basics, tights: target, flats: thrifted

Pretty sure I nailed it. Maybe I should have left this outfit for Thursday...

2 comments:

Katie and Ferenc said...

I love that movie! And now I'm singing that song in my head!

Kayla Moncur said...

I always get excited when I see your thumbnail because I KNOW it's going to be hilarious. You kill me.

Kayla
Freckles in April