Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cranberry Muffins

Over Christmas break I bought a bag of fresh cranberries to make a cider, but then I didn't because I realized it called for cinnamon*. I was relieved to find this recipe so that that cranberries didn't go to waste. Husband loves cranberries and he loves oranges. He also loves to eat breakfast. It was a triple win for the gold. Word to the wise: substitute white chips for chocolate chips. It makes all the difference.


*Cinnamon is my least favorite food in the entire world. And it pops up in every recipe during the holiday season. Boo.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Nutmeg and/or cardamom could be good cinnamon replacements for you, since their flavors are equally strong, and pair well with most traditionally cinnamon-y foods. I was thinking of you the other day when I made rice pudding and instead of regular milk and cinnamon, I used coconut milk and cardamom (and rosewater and pistachios, it was Indian inspired).

Anonymous said...

Does your dislike of cinnamon come from making cinnamon rolls to raise money for girls camp?

Lydia said...

That is definitely where it started.