Friday, February 19, 2010

I love my calling!

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Some people know it as the Mormon church. Anyway, I love so many things about it. One thing in particular is that the members are issued specific callings (asked to volunteer) to help the ward (congregation) run smoothly. I am currently a youth leader over the 12 and 13 year old girls in my ward. This group of girls is the best! And they amaze me every week with their awesomeness. On Valentines day I came home to this:


I thought that some women in my ward did it, since this was left on my porch from them:


Turns out 2 groups of visitors came by because my girls were responsible for the "heart attack." It basically made my day. I have the best calling ever. And I couldn't be more pleased with the area where we are currently living because I love the people in our ward.

2 comments:

Aliswan said...

I love it! We used to that in Young Women's as well, until we got chased by a dog...Love reading your blog!

Alicia said...

I used to do heart attacks in YW. We started out doing it to our leaders, then we ended up doing it every time we'd have a sleepover.

I'm glad your ward is so open and warm. I think that's the best thing you could hope for in a new ward.

P.S. That Sonoran hot dog you made looks absolutely scrumptious.