Sunday, February 5, 2012

Strut your Stuff

The last prompt was about embracing something that scares me. Most of the things that scare me about fashion I've already tackled in the past few challenges or I just can't do - like wear high heels because I broke my big toe 6 years ago and that makes wearing heels is painful. This left me only two options - wear make-up/lipstick or embrace my curves. Since make-up takes time, money, and some skills, I chose the latter. Embracing my curves scares me for reasons I won't go into, and I know that some of my outfits in the past have been curvalicious, but that was incidental and they were still scary to wear. Today I wore something purposely to show off the waist I have been trimming in water aerobics. A friend noticed at church and I didn't cower away, but owned it. Plus, at church there was an empowering lesson about the divine potential of women, so how can I be ashamed of being a woman and having the body God blessed me with?

cardigan: thrifted, dress: thrifted, belt: thrifted, tights: target, shoes: thrifted doc martens

So if you've got it, flaunt it - modestly.

1 comment:

Sweetened Style said...

Super cute! I love the blue tights, they add a lot to this outfit!