Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"You know, for kids."

Film: The Hudsucker Proxy

Starring: Tim Robbins, Jennifer Jason Leigh, and Paul Newman

Synopsis: A naive business graduate is installed as president of a manufacturing company as part of a stock scam.


This movie is incredible. Unfortunately, not too many people know about this gem unless they took Intro to Film at BYU. I was first introduced to it when I was 9 or 10 years old. I am a sucker for a movie set in the 1950s with good set design and a simply, yet perfect, wardrobe. The story itself is quality as well - it is clear, simple, and easy to follow. There are a slew of memorable lines. I love this movie for what it is, and even more so for the memories I have associated with it. This clip, especially, reminds me of sharing the movie with my roommates and friends my second year in college. Priceless.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bought this movie for my dad a couple years ago. He did not enjoy it as much as I thought he might. I was disappointed.