Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

Film: Alice in Wonderland

Starring: Mia Wasikowska, Johnny Depp, and Helena Bonham Carter

Synopsis: Nineteen year old Alice returns to the magical world from her childhood adventure, where she reunites with her old friends and learns of her true destiny: to end the Red Queen's reign of terror.

Grade: B+


This movie was beautiful! It that was a complete surprise to me. Tim Burton films are usually visually dark and a bit Gothic, but this had a lighter side. I was so impressed with Burton's display of versatility. He definitely stayed true to his core style because there was no doubt this was his movie, but it was unlike any of his other films. I love love love his take on this story. I love that key players were a part of the film - namely Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. It really isn't a Burton film without either of them, right? And my absolute favorite part was that George McFly was in the film as well! Don't you sometimes wonder where actors from favorite movies disappear to? I do, so it was a pleasant surprise to see a favorite Back to the Future actor back in action. Overall, this was so visually pleasing and had some great actors involved. Check it out!

No comments: